by Mark Mariotti
(11/12/2018@07:30 Pacific Time)
EVERYTHING IS NEGOTIABLE
Freedom of Speech – The First Amendment – Americans have paid the ultimate price with their life, fighting for their fellow American citizens right to free speech. Free speech is not free. Also free speech not-absolute, always within certain limits by the individual or a community to articulate their opinions and ideas without fear of retaliation – freedom of expression is recognized as a human right. The ‘Free Press’ is what ensures our freedom. However, along with the honorable journalists (including those which have given their lives) uncovering unjust false-narratives and seeking to fairly report the unbiased facts, there is conversely; false-narratives via editorial bias from capitalized hidden-agenda influence, which can undermine the free press. There are plenty of inherent costs for the reporter and for the reader to actually find truth… based-upon the ‘public advertising model’ you get what you pay for; ‘Fake News’ – ‘Fake Views’ – ‘Fake Likes’ – ‘Fake People’ – ‘Fake Self-Promotion’ and disinformation can manipulate the audience at a very high-cost…
The following links to vetted journalists can provide a tremendous amount of fact-based research to FIGHT DISINFORMATION:
- Journalists Fight Disinformation
- INN in the Press [ INN ] – Supporting Mission-Driven Journalism
- Public Integrity Reporters and Editors
- Independent Nonprofit News [ proPublic ]
- Freedom of the Press – Foundation
- [SEARCH] Crime Data Explorer
- Investigative Journalists
“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” – Marcus Aurelius (generally attributed)
Disinformation is one of the biggest threats our democracy faces. Following in the Advertising Business Model (no direct cost to the viewers) there is an increase in the exploitation of this model to bring a disinformation of forced tribalism and polarization to the small percentage of extremist views. Like our reporting on dark money, it is one of those stories behind all the other stories. So we want to build a team dedicated to tracking and exposing the forces behind disinformation as a new reporting priority…
- Some things to think about:
- read our ‘case research’
- read our plan (MoJo’s nonprofit, independent journalism) and get involved—and join us with a tax-deductible donation today
- Is the general public watching as an audience really interested in the facts?
- Are the facts actually the truth? Or is truth subjective by the individual?
- Does the average person have the bandwidth capacity and tools to clearly comprehend? – or merely satisfied with being entertained?
- Is it possible any longer, with the ability to hide in plain sight, troll and manufacture facts with unvetted stories by unvetted entities and bots, to actually and correctly understand the facts of any specific matter?
- How does one REALLY substantiate TRUTH or FACTS from fiction?
For over 5-decades TheFutureWay ‘Fact-Based’ Research Team have continued to research from the best available facts, and provide an option with a ‘Fact-Based’ approach.
“Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses” – Plato (generally attributed)
(DISCLOSURE) – The FMHI Board’s Mariotti Family Office interacted with aforementioned, and is presented for information & related research only, regardless of any other characterization.
[not a bank | not deposit products | not FDIC insured]
[not a foundation | not a non-profit | not an advisor]
[not insured by any government agency]
[not an offer to sell or solicit securities]
[subject to market risk and may loose value]
[past performance is no guarantee of future results]
|Legal Agreements and Policies Contact-Us|
Posted in Fact-Based Reporting by Mark Mariotti with .